Thursday, June 18, 2009

Scrappin Crazy

Greetings! It's been FOREVER since I've updated. I know that. Moving. Working full time. Gardening on an acre of weed infested chaos. Horses. New puppies. Special Needs Kids. 2 of them. Need I say more?

I finally got my scrapping place set up in the new house and just went of a creative frenzy. My first piece was to scrap this sweet photo of my nephew's christmas picture. Am I the only one who scraps all those pics we are given in the mail at Christmas? I like using christmas products!

I'm stamping more and more on my photos now. My collection of Staz-On has grown exponentially this last year (gotta love all those yummy new colors). Stamped and flocked his name too. With glitter flock. Looks cooler IRL. I kind of like how the N is upside down.


I bought this pattern paper for this sun shine. So of course I had to fussy cut it and totally trace every cool line with my secura glitter pen.

Here's the layout in it's entirety. That piece of the title was also part of the pattern paper. I stamped a lot with my brilliance white pad, which I had forgotten is very opaque on photos but not so opaque on paper. Next time I'll use that stampin up one (messy, but the most opaque on paper I've found). Brilliance is ideal for stamping on pics though because it dries well. I traced all those letters and colored in the flowers with a secura glaze pen. Again, cooler IRL.

Another one of those Christmas photos in the mail. This time my other sister's boys (my daughter is the ONLY girl in this generation in our family). Those flowers were made with uber cheap sequins I got out of the Jo Ann dollar spot. I folded them in half for dimentional effect, added a paper punched flower in the center, then yellow bling, and some martha punched vines from scrap paper. Too bad that when I finished it was really '08. Doh! I'll have to write an extra little journaling to that effect somewhere on this layout because I seriously doubt I'm going to fix the '07 without some SERIOUS tagging...



I LOVED this picture of my sister's family. It deserved some of my most favorite paper... something I had been hording for YEARS... namely that gorgeous club scrap handmade paper. From the citrus kit oh so many years ago. I love how that wavy pattern paper compliments the theme. And I used stickers for the title! I have so many letter stickers that just rot in a pouch. Seriously. I need to just bust them out and force myself to use them up. They are so easy to use. I used poppin pastel for that swirl on the background cardstock.



Well, I hope you enjoyed. I actually just rejoined club scrap and will have about 12 layouts to show you from the new kit soon.... but I need to go to bed tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will get those uploaded. Stampin smiles!








No comments: